ES-series: K40Y-9 .015uF/.022uF (short shaft)
Vintage Relic ES-series pre-wired upgrade harness (NOS K40Y-9 caps). New. A very economical way to improve the tone of your ES series guitar! Direct replacement for your vintage or Historic ES-335 ES-330 1959 1958 1960 reissue. Hear what you've been missing from your humbuckers or P-90s!
• 4 USA CTS500 550K (+/- 10% tolerance) knurled short shaft audio taper potentiometers (2 volume, 2 tone). Top of the line CTS pots! We do measure all pots and use higher values for the volume positions.
• 2 NOS (new old stock) Russian K40Y-9 PIO (paper-in-oil) tone capacitors. .015uF for the neck and .022uF the bridge (or you may select .022uF for the neck). Great sounding caps!
• Switchcraft short frame 3-way toggle switch and Switchcraft 1/4" jack.
• 50's style wiring.
• Cream switchtip or Amber vintage style switchtip (select below).
• NOS #8 Gibson-style PVC (plastic) tubing. Just like Gibson used in the 50's and 60's!
• Wiring diagram included.
Please note: this kit is designed for Gibson ES-335 ES-330 Historic Reissue or vintage guitars that use short shaft pots. Also, CTS pots require a 3/8" hole (in the top of your guitar); most USA made guitars are drilled this way, however imported guitars often are not.